Get a Guide / Order a Sightseeing Tour in Odessa:    +380678114493


Odessa Sights

Quarantine Wall

Description

A part of the arcade wall with a tower is all that remains of the port quarantine built under the supervision of one of Odessa founders engineer F.de Wollant. The tower and the wall were built in 1807 and were used to store gunpowder from ships. Now they are in Shevchenko park.

The fortress built directly after taking Hajibey (Odessa predecessor) was next to the quarantine. However, quite soon it lost its military value and was torn down. This wall does not seem to have been part of the fortress.


2003.

2013.

2013.

Location

Street Address

Suvorov Lane, Shevchenko Park, Odessa.

Geographical Positions

E30°45'16.4" N46°28'57.4" (E30.754556° N46.482611°).

Map

Last Update

2013.04.07.

Site Map | Home | About | Services | Accommodation | Tours | FAQ | Tips | Clients | Links | Contact
Odessa | Sights | Dating | Genealogy
 © Igor Kalinin  2005-2016    +380678114493 www.odessaguide.net/sights_quarantine.en.html