Get a Guide / Order a Sightseeing Tour in Odessa:    +380678114493


Odessa Sights

Tolstoy’s Palace (Scientists Society)

Description

The palace was built in 1832 in the classical style by architect F.Boffo. In 1867 (according to some other sources, in 1838 or in the 1840s or in the 1870s) it was bought by Count Tolstoy. At least, he is mentioned as the owner of the estate in the local paper in 1871 and 1872.

In 1898 a baroque mansion was added for a picture gallery. The architects of the gallery were H.Helmer and F.Felner.

The Tolstoys noble family has existed since the 17th century. Famous Russian authours Lev Tolstoy and Alexey Tolstoy share the ancestors with the Odessa branch.

The mansion became a museum in 1920. Since 1934 it has been the Scientists Society.


2013.

2013.

2013.

2013.

Courtyard. 2013.

Location

Downtown.

Street Address

4 Sabaneyev Bridge, 65082 Odessa, Ukraine.

Geographical Positions

E30-44'10.8" N46-29'17.1" (E30.736333- N46.488083-).

Map

Last Update

2016.03.07.

Site Map | Home | About | Services | Accommodation | Tours | FAQ | Tips | Clients | Links | Contact
Odessa | Sights | Dating | Genealogy
 © Igor Kalinin  2005-2016    +380678114493 www.odessaguide.net/sights_scientistssociety.en.html