Get a Guide / Order a Sightseeing Tour in Odessa:    +380678114493


OSB OSB-3 .

Odessa Sights

St.Michael Nunnery

Description

The Odessa nunnery was founded by Governor Count M.Vorontsov with his wife and other nobles and patrons. The location was in the outskirts of Odessa in 1835 when a church dedicated to Saint Michael was built there. In five years the nunnery was also built around.

The nunnery was closed down in 1923 by the communists. The cathedral and belfry were blown up in 1931. The nunnery was reopened during the occupation in 1942 but closed down again in 1961. A hospital was established there. Since 1991 the nunnery has been reopened.

Location

Street Address

4B Uspenskaya Street, 65014 Odessa, Ukraine.

Geographical Positions

E3045'7" N4628'33" (E30.751944 N46.475833).

Map

Last Update

2013.01.01.

Site Map | Home | About | Services | Accommodation | Tours | FAQ | Tips | Clients | Links | Contact
Odessa | Sights | Dating | Genealogy
 © Igor Kalinin  2005-2016    +380678114493 www.odessaguide.net/sights_mihaylovskiynunnery.en.html